QUEEN ELIZABETH PRIVATE ANGLING CLUB

This club was formerly known as the Burncrooks Angling Club, but was renamed in 1953, the year of the Queen's coronation as The Queen Elizabeth Angling Club.  This is a private club, for more information please email the club on.

queenelizabethanglingclub@gmail.com

Please be aware there is currently a waiting list of between one and two years.

Situated in the Kilpatrick Hills on the border between Stirling Council Area with West Dunbartonshire, Burncrooks Reservoir lies 6 miles (10 km) northeast of Dumbarton. Impounded by an earth embankment dam which was completed in 1915, it covers an area of 51 ha (126 acres). It drains north eastwards into the Blane Water and is operated by Scottish Water for the supply of drinking-water.  The reservoir was completed in 1914; there was no body of water here before then.

On the reservoir itself, the book "Loch Lomondside" (by John Mitchell, in the New Naturalist series) comments: "With both Dumbarton and neighbouring Clydebank having fully exploited the water gathering grounds of the southern Kilpatrick Hills, the last Clydebank reservoir to be built was sited some distance away from the town in the then untapped northern half of the hills. Opened in 1914, the Burncrooks Reservoir was constructed around one of the feeder streams to the River Endrick".